Potatoes are a staple in the Canadian diet. That is not necessarily a good thing, as starch is just another form of sugar. So instead of making French Fries, mashed potatoes, or double baked potatoes, make this really amazing and yummy side dish.
All you need is:
- 1 Yukon gold potato per guest. Use Yukon golds because the skin is very thin and is usually eaten. If you don’t have those in your garden, that is okay.
- Garlic olive oil
- Lots of thyme (we use fresh from our herb garden)
- And salt and pepper
All you need to do is:
- Put the potatoes in the microwave – 5-6 minute per 3 potatoes
- Cut them in half brush with garlic olive oil on the cut side
- Add salt and pepper and lots of thyme
- Place face down on BBQ
- Until cooked and cut side is toasted
Enjoy the yummy potato recipe, It’s my favourite!